Friday, June 14, 2013

Creation Sings the Fathers Song

       I have always tried to see the beauty in things. It can be a fun challenge for me to try and see what is pretty about a unconventional object. And usually, if you look, you can find it. (Although, I still don't see the beauty in clowns)... but that might just be me!  I got a new camera and I am really excited! Photography is such a fun hobby. I love that I can look around me, see something of interest, and capture it. A sunset or rainbow that you thought were so stunning and reminded you of the artistry of God; you can now share with everyone else! (Whether they want to see it or not.) LOL. Photography is one of those things that make you even more aware of your surroundings. I find myself being completely enthralled by the most random stuff sometimes. I will be walking down the road and next thing you know, I'm talking about how pretty the pavement is. And don't even get me started on the sky! I could go on forever about how much I love the sky. And lakes. and beaches. And mountains. And hills. And oceans. And deserts. And cities. And landscapes. And space. Okay, I'll stop! The point is that there is beauty everywhere made by the most talented artist ever. God. Just think about it. He made everything! I sometimes can barely come up with a good idea for lunch, let alone create an entire universe. Everything around us points to the workmanship of God. I cannot look at creation, see how all things have a purpose, even an ant, and believe that it doesn't have a creator. 

I love to see new places and experience beauty that I haven't before. Every once in while, I like to go for a walk or just sit and stare at God's creation. It's moments like those that make me almost giddy. I contemplate about how it is all made by my Savior and how amazing He is. Everything in existence was made to proclaim the wonder of God; for us to enjoy it; and to recognize the greatness of our God. I think that God wants us to discover His creation. To see the wonder of it all. When was the last time you stopped and looked around you? You will never see the beauty if you don't take the time to look. 


Sometimes, when things are not going exactly my way, I can look at the sky or a flower and think "Wow, thank You Lord, for showing me that there is still bright and beautiful things". Of course, I have to have the right attitude for that to work. On a few occasions, I am more of a thundercloud than a ray of sunshine. On those days, maybe it's usually best for me to get my attitude right before I try and enjoy the beauty of nature. (wink-wink) 


Psalm 19:1 says "The heavens declare the glory of God;

    the skies proclaim the work of His hands".  That verse is so awesome! Creation truly does sing the Father's song and I know that I am blessed to be a part of His creation!



Colossians 1:16,17 - For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:  And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment